From the deepest depths of my soul, I would love to provide you with countless delicious recipes for home cooked meals. I’m not a good cook. Now that I got that out of the way, what I am good at is making drinks (insert high five). I spent what seemed like a countless number of years behind a bar, bartending my way through my undergrad and even some of my MBA. Well played. Most of the time you’ll find me popping the cork from a bottle of red wine in about two seconds flat, but sometimes I feel like making magic; and key lime pie is magical. I almost feel that I’m not upholding my fiduciary responsibilities if I don’t share it with you.
This martini breaks from the binary “vodka or gin” and calls for spiced rum. Is it a martini then? I don’t know, but it’s tasty. So enjoy 🙂
- Captain Morgan Rum (think of this as the graham cracker crust 😉 )
- Sweet cream coffee creamer
- Sweet & Sour (don’t mistake this for margarita mix which typically has additional additives)
- Optional: Sugar (for rimming the glass) and/or whipped cream
- Equipment: Martini glass(es), shaker, jigger (preferably 1.25 oz to .75 oz… but it’s your rodeo, so feel free to improv)
- 1.25oz Captain Morgan
- .75oz Sweet cream creamer
- 3 oz Sweet & Sour
- 2 squeezes of fresh limes (two limes if cut into eight)
- Sugar rim and/or whipped cream are optional 🙂
Step by step guide is below!
^ The secret is to cut the lime down the middle right after you cut it in half. That way there’s a little slice of happiness in each one to rim the glass or for garnish.
Alternatively you can twist the lime (above) and garnish the drink that way.
^ We’re just rimming the glass in lime juice here. This is the “glue” for the sugar. Also, feel free to chill the glass by putting water and ice in it for about a minute, then dumping it out 🙂
^ Well played friends. Set that beauty to the side and get to crafting!!
^ Flipping the jigger to the smaller side for the cream….
^ Two of these babies…
^ And definitely feel free to upgrade to the year 2017 and get a nice shaker with a strainer. I only do this because this is my lucky tin… straight out of my bartending memories.
Heaven. Pure heaven. Plenty more where this came from… you just stick around 😉
Have a great weekend!! xoxo